Thursday 30 November 2006

Let'sbe Frank

Did Miron Bleiberg know exactly what he was doing when he stepped down at this particular part of our season? After that cringe worthy display against New Zealand and several tough games ahead, including competition leaders Melbourne, was he lining Farina up to fail? Let's face it. If Miron had continued with his disasterous campaign through to the end of the season, Farina would have started next season with a clean slate. But with his beginning smack bang in the middle of the Roars downfall, he would perhaps not be the saviour that everyone was looking for. And that seems to be the way the cookie has crumbled. The Roar are continuing their poor form (if I wasn't such a massive fan I would start to look elsewhere for a favourite team) and Farina has not managed a Van Egmond.

Maybe there was more to Bleiberg than we give him credit for??

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Given that Frank had been saying that he would only coach at a national club level and that Queensland was his pick of the teams publicly for a number of weeks, I think Beliberg knew exactly what he was doing. If I were in the same position, I too would've left on my terms rather than be ousted.

I should note that I am a fan of Bleiberg and am yet to forgive Frank for his national team shenanigans.

To be honest, I haven't really watched Qld since Franky took over - the first match I was cheering on Melbourne, and I missed the clash against Sydney. But I think Bleiberg is a more positive influence than Frank... And whatever's caused the drop in form may have been attributed to the coach. Usually, the coach is the first to go when a team's failing - though I don't think Qld was yet in that position. So Bleiberg timed his resignation well.

Unfortunately I'll be missing this week's Queensland match as I'll be working... but hopefully I'll remember to wake up Sunday morning and watch the replay.