Tuesday 21 November 2006

Dodgy Refereeing

I feel that the Queesland players are getting a raw deal from the referees (excuse the pun!)
I personally find several calls the referees make slightly absurd, even when they are in favour of the Roar. I think I am the only sane one in 301 who sometimes agrees with the call when everyone else around me is yelling, "He didn't even touch him".
But then again, we did start the first ever 'BULL SHIT' chant, and I do get pretty heated up in them if I feel the ref has made a bad call.
But then again, not everybody is perfect. We all make mistakes. But so many in one game? And so many HOME games in a row, by so many different referees? Our away games are fine, but our home games are pathetic.
Where's the consistancy guys?

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

I think this reflects the poor quality of referees in the A-League. I sometimes see serious fouls occur right in front of the ref, but they're so focused on the ball, they miss the action. It makes me think that these refs were players in their youth, but didn't get far as they ended up ball watching the whole time - and then they carry this habit into their role as a referee. They're a bit naive really.