Friday 27 July 2007

New Season

Ok, I haven't blogged in like, forever, so this is just going to be a random rant of absolutely anything that pops into my head in the next however many minutes it takes me to write this thing!

Well, I did go to the game before the pre season at Richlands, the Roar trialists vs the Strikers, but that was so long ago I can't even remember! And I'm sure you guys went to the Roar vs Racism, which was pretty mad fun, so I'm going to jump for to the pre season match against Sydney at Mooloolabah.

My mum, dad and I travelled all the way to Caloundra because I was hell bent on eating at a dine in Pizza Hut as my birthday present. Turns out though, we drove all that way for nothing and ended up eating UTK in a local shopping centre :(
On the upside though, we did end up getting to the sports grounds really early, so we had our pick of the seats, plus our car was within spitting distance so we didn't have to stay in the cold too long!
Truthfully, I also don't remember too much of that game, except that we could audibly hear Matt McKay yell at the referee "What am I getting that for?" when he got his yellow card, and I yelled at the opposition keeper for time wasting, which my side of the field seemed to find exceedingly funny ?!?! (I still don't know why)
Well, the game ended 0-0, and I went back to our car absolutely frozen! I'm serious, I could not feel my fingers for about fifteen minutes!

I was absolutely zonkered at this stage, so I fell asleep in the car. I was woken up when we pulled up at a servo for coffee, but in my daze failed to notice my #1 favourite Roar player walk straight past me on his way to McDonalds. That's right! Matt Mckay!!

All that aside though, I fail to see the reason for our new marquee player, Craig Moore. We've already got a fairly solid defence, and we just signed Danny Tiatto (who's a tad too agressive in my opinion). Who we should have signed as our marquee player is a solid striker, someone who can convert all our opportunities into goals!

Well, only time will tell. Version 3, here we come!!

P.S. Does anybody know what's happened to Jonti Richter? I can't find his name in any club lists, and am absolutely dying to know what happened to him!

1 comment:

Neil said...

I think Craig Moore is a better signing than Tiatto. I was so glad when Melbourne didn't sign him. Moore will give a bit of leadership in your backline. I have a bit of a soft spot for Queensland because I have a football mad friend who lives in Brisbane - so it would be good to see them do well this season.