Wednesday 10 October 2007

All hail King Zullo

Ok. I've been seriously lazy with my blogging. I've been keeping relatively up to date with my tips, not that the results actually reflect that!!

I have been religiously watching and attending all the Roar games, but can't remember much of any of them. I do remember Mark Shields looking like he was about to fight . . .. . . Muscat maybe?, but yeah, that's about it.

I promise to try and be more regular with my blogging.

I would like to point out to everybody reading this, even though you probably all know, Zullo and Kruse rocked! It's about time we had young people with nothing to lose and everything to prove puting themselves on the line for the sake of the Roar, and it actually paying off. On a not so positive note, they both seemed to suffer from cramps. Heat? Inexperience? A combination of the two?

Also interesting to not that when Craig Zetter was telling Reinaldo to get off the field during a cramp of his own, it was not a Roar player but in fact Aloisi who ran over to help him stretch it out. Never picked him as the type.

Well, on my once a day Google Alert (very imformative, you should sign up) it said that Aloisi was being cited by FFA for his attack on a defender. The only incident I can think of that would relate to that (but an attacker, not a defender) was when Robbie Kruse went flying over the sideline. Was that Aloisi? Was that the incident in question?

It started with Tiatto. It's going to continue. Unfortunately. I don't see the point in things that happened during the game being dredged up and the players potentially being suspended for something the referee did not pick up. Is this a poor reflection on the referees? Or is it just people looking for answers where they shouldn't be?
Opening a pandoras box I believe Miron Bleiberg said at the time of Tiatto's hearing. And it's completely true. Are the soccer matches going to be so much like Rugby League that we have to stop the game for the video referee?
I mean, fair enough if people want to debate red cards. But I don't think it should change it. They did the wrong thing, they should be mature enough to deal with the consequences.

If we suspend people for a game on hearsay, who knows what sorts of rubbish could be made up and believed (definetly not saying Vargas was lying. Don't get angry at me Cestaz!!!)
But unscrupulous players would have seen this event being taken to the extreme it was, and use it to their own advantage, be the incident fact or fiction.

Well, that's my little rant for the evening.

It's raining here at my place. Makes for a nice little change.

Good luck for the boys on the next few away games. I reckon that we can win them. I hope. Just get that useless Brazilian off the pitch. And I'm not talking about the one that most of Suncorp seems to hate, and Farina seems to love. I'm talking about the one who's had one shot on goal the whole season, and who stuffs up practically every kick he's taken.

But that's just my opinion

By the way, we all seem to talk about the players every week. My dad wants someone to talk about and review the referees each week. Anyone up for the challenge??

3 comments:

Neil said...

Its good to hear from you again. As for your dad wanting someone to review referees. It something that shouldn't really be needed - a good referee is someone who you don't really notice and doesn't take your focus away from the football. It also looks like you need to drag a few more of friends to the Roar games. You guys have the best stadium - its time to start filling it up.

Hamish Alcorn said...

Excellent to see you writing again Jeccy. Just in case my experience is relevant, don't put any pressure on yourself to write, write when and only if you bloody feel like it, and you might find you write a little more. For me the main contributor to writer's block is expecting myself to write.

By the unwanted Brazilian I'm assuming you mean Marcinho, and I have to agree with you. From what I've witnessed he's a dud. Risks are taken with these imports, and rightly so. The wisdom is being able to quickly cut the losses if the risk fails.

But maybe Frank sees more than us in training etc. If so I hope he's right.

Cecilia said...

Welcome back to the blogging world Jeccy. (I'm quite busy myself, have so many plans in my head, but no time. So my posts are utter crap at the moment.)

There's a few people I know who really do keep a very close eye on the refs each week, but I doubt they'd want to write about them, for various reasons that I can't go into here. My dad's one of them, but he simply hates computers!